The meeting which was presided by HE. the Governor, Pastor Umo Eno commenced at midday with the rendition of the national and state anthems, followed by an opening prayer offered by HC- Environment and Mineral Resources(Petroleum and Solid minerals), Hon. Chief Uno Uno.
1. The Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice presented four bills(Establishment of Ibom Community Watch; Establishment of Akwa Ibom State Security Trust Fund; Establishment of Akwa Ibom State Bureau of Statistics; and Special provisions for Statutory Boards) recently passed by the Akwa Ibom State House of Assembly, which the Governor granted assent to all of them.
2. The report of the Executive Council retreat was presented by the Chief facilitator, Barr. Mrs Mfon Usoro, highlighted the enablers that must be engaged to fast-track the attainment of the aims and targets of the retreat. She mentioned that the main aim of the retreat was the achievement and implementation of a whole-of-government approach towards governance. The Governor received the report and thanked the facilitator for the very useful suggestions made in the report and promised to ensure full implementation.
3. The Managing Director of Akwa Ibom Investment Corporation, Pastor Imoabasi Jacob was invited to present his portfolio and Reorganization Plan to the Executive Council. In his presentation, he highlighted all the companies where the state government has shares and assured that the Corporation under his watch, will ensure the entrenchment of good corporate governance, for the overall economic good of the state. In his reaction, the Governor directed that the management of all government-owned companies should immediately be transferred to AKICORP, while the supervision will remain with the relevant Ministries.
4. Approval was given to the proposal for the establishment of the Ibom Model Farm presented by HC-Agriculture.
5. The HC-Culture and Tourism presented a report on the state of preparedness for the Christmas Carols Festival, informing EXCO that everything is set for the epochal event. The Governor commended the Commissioner for Culture and Tourism and his planning committee for a good job done so far, charging them to ensure a hitch-free and successful event.
6. HC-Transport presented a proposal for the purchase of ferries to be built by the Nigerian Navy.
7. HC-Economic Development briefed EXCO on the progress report of the implementation of the Social Register. He also sought and obtained approval for the implementation of the second phase of AK-CARES.
8. HC-Education briefed that bursary payment to undergraduates of Akwa Ibom State origin in public tertiary institutions is ongoing on the online portal.
The meeting came to an end at 6 pm, with a closing by HC-Women Affairs.
Comrade Ini Ememobong mnipr
Honourable Commissioner for Information